[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][image_with_animation image_url=”3626″ animation=”Fade In” img_link_target=”_self”][vc_column_text]
MediaWorks is Tennessee’s first Digital Media Accelerator Program and is focused on seed-stage companies looking to leverage the Knoxville community’s robust expertise in Media, Entertainment, Technology, and Content Production industries. MediaWorks is fast-paced, highly collaborative and very intense. Teams will spend 150 hours over 12 weeks focused on building product, attracting users, and creating an investable story with the help of local industry experts, business mentors, and thought leaders in the space of startups and digital media.
Knoxville, TN is home to a rich and diverse history of Media and Entertainment companies and nearly 10,000 digital media professionals. Companies such as Scripps Networks (HGTV, Travel, and GAC), North/South Productions (Hearst Company, Say Yes to the Dress), Lusid Media (Unwrapped), Rivr Media, and Jupiter Entertainment account for hundreds of millions of television viewers around the world. Music giants such as AC Entertainment (Bonnaroo, Big Ears, and Forecastle) and Bandit Lights (2nd largest stage and lighting company in the world) are making a global impact from Knoxville. In addition, Knoxville is home to great entertainment technology companies like EventBooking, Bandmix, and YouTube Sensation; Barack’s Dubs. MediaWorks is designed to leverage this rich tradition and institutional expertise into the formation of early stage companies that will drive these industries forward for years to come.
The 2015 Program
The Program kicked-off on May 11th and culminate in a Community Wide Demo Day on August 11, 2015.
Teams meet weekly on Monday and Thursday evenings, in 3 hour blocks and will have a required amount of work to be completed each week. Additionally, the 2015 MediaWorks programs will include 3 mandatory “weekend sprints” where teams will be onsite for an entire weekend for extended programming. Outside of sessions, participants will be responsible to complete as-needed office hours with assigned mentors, technical mentors, and Managing Director.
The 12-week MediaWorks accelerator provides about $50,000 dollars worth of services, consulting, and potentially financing to your business, all of which can be included in the total value of your company.
- 1st Digital Media Accelerator in the Region
- $10k in free Amazon and Microsoft Azure server credits
- Direct consulting from Digital Media experts at Scripps Networks Interactive, North/South Productions, Baker-Donelson and more
- Extensive access to Design, CTO, Marketing, Legal, and Finance Mentors
- Monthly “Weekend Sprints” where local professionals join your team 48 hours at a time
- Direct Access to Investors
- 12 C-Level and Venture Capital VIP Guest Speakers
- 3 VIP Leadership Dinners with A-list entrepreneurs in the community
- 150 hours of structured programming, accountability, and focus on your goals
- 120+ hours of mentoring with experienced entrepreneurs and subject matter experts
- Unlimited Free Coffee
- 3 major corporate sponsors
- 3 months of free co-working space
- 8 participating companies