WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA?
12th Annual Pitch Competition
Shark Tank Meets Lock-In
“What’s The Big Idea?!” is the event for you. Compete to win up to $10k in expense reimbursement in a 48-hour weekend business pitch competition. WTBI is Shark Tank meets Lock-In with $10,000 on the line. RSVP to the finale and pitch competition HERE.
Mentors All The Way
Work side-by-side with local business mentors to craft the perfect pitch for your new startup business or idea. We have business mentors that can help you with your business plan from start to finish from Legal, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Design, Technology, and more.
What’s the Big Idea 48 Hour Launch is a weekend-long business start-up summit designed to inspire entrepreneurial action. The competition will bring together bright minds over 1 weekend to participate in an intensive period of prototyping, community building, planning, incubation, and launching.
Support for you Idea
2020 Applications are now open! Contestants will be chosen and contacted in the coming weeks.
What’s the Big Idea 48 Hour Launch is a weekend-long business start-up summit designed to inspire entrepreneurial action. The competition will bring together bright minds February 28 – March 1 to participate in an intensive period of prototyping, community building, planning, incubation, and launching. The winning idea will be advanced to the Knoxville Entrepreneur Center’s CO.STARTER Program and will be eligible for up to $10,000 in business-launch reimbursement costs after completing the program.
Who Should Apply?
- Applicants with a concept or a new enterprise in the seed-capital, start-up, or pre-revenue stage;
- Applicants who are at least 18 years of age;
- Applicants with a concept that could lead to potential growth and job creation in the Knoxville, Tennessee area*.
* Defined as being located in Knox County or a contiguous county including: Anderson, Blount, Jefferson, Grainger, Loudon, Roane, Sevier, and Union counties.
Who Shouldn’t Apply?
- Companies that are acquisitions or buy-outs;
- Companies that are expansions of existing companies;
- Companies that are considered a franchise;
- Companies that have a licensing agreement for distribution of products and services by others;
- Enterprises that have raised equity capital from sources other than direct members of the venture, their friends, or their families;
- Companies that have already won similar competitions;
- Companies that do not intend to grow in the Knoxville, Tennessee area (as defined above);
- Ideas will be judged on potential for growth and job creation.
Dates & Deadlines
- 1/15 – Applications open
- 2/3 – Applications close
- 2/10 – Selection made + Finalists announced
- 2/28 – 3/1 – Competition
- 3/1 – Public Pitch Competition